Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cellphone...why do I love you so?

Yesterday I decided to get out and walk my pooch before the sunshine disappears for the next week or so. Anywho, I get home and check my pockets...oh my god...no phone. I panic! First thing I think is to call someone and tell them to cancel my phone for me...oh wait...I don't have a phone anymore dumbass! I feel so lost! Five years ago, I would have never guessed I would rely so heavily on a little piece of tin in my pocket. But its true. It is my other brain...it knows all; birthdays, appointments, and phone numbers. It is pretty sad when I don't even know my best friend or boyfriend's telephone number...I only scroll to see the name and press send! We rely on technology too much, and it's a bit scary...I honestly think our brain will slowly start shrinking since we will stop exercising our thinking muscles to remember the simplist things like a birthday...scary. Back to the phone...some old man picked up my phone and dialed a friend of mine and kept hanging up because he couldn't quite figure it out. Finally the he sort of figured it out and met my friend at the gas station and gave it back. Props to the little ol' man that found my chunky yet shiny pal...god bless. "Oh how I missed you cell phone", even if it was only for 9 hours.

2 comments:

MARFSBABY said...

That's exactly how I feel when I can't find my lipgloss! That's why I have one in the car, beside the couch, by the bed, on my desk, in my purse, and in every pocket of every jacket I own.

MARFSBABY said...

by the way, I love the pic. Ur sure a puuurrrty thing.