Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Honesty sucks sometimes

Honesty is the Human quality of communicating and acting truthfully. I sometimes have a problem with it. I know that honesty is important but what happens when you don't tell something about your past so that you don't hurt the one you love? There is no excuse for lying but when it is to protect someone you care about, why is it so bad? I have been struggling with this for the last few days and I have come to realize that keeping things from the person who cares about you is wrong. Unfortunately I found this out the hard way by getting caught in a lie. Now I wish I could take it all back. The thing I lied about was not something I did that I shouldn't have...I just thought it was something that was part of my personal past which I felt did not need to be part of the present or other people's business. So now I sit here alone again to think about what I have done. It's time to stop worrying about others feelings for a while and take care of me.

4 comments:

Gretta James said...

That's tough. The trouble is you got caught. If you hadn't would it matter so much? I think not.

B said...

truth is everything!

Carrie said...

Honestly does suck sometimes... but kudos to you for the try.

KellyNerd said...

I think that stuff in your past is rightfully YOUR stuff... and should not be shared unless you want to share it or if the other party could be affected somehow by it ...

good for you. look after yourself.