Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pondering

"Slow down everyone your moving too fast..." Jack Johnson. Why is it that so many people are in such a hurry these days? Life can get out of control and things are happening all around us that we have no control of so why let it get to us? Every morning I drive to work and cars are zooming past me, honking, swerving....and to get to where...work? Do we need to put our lives and others' lives at risk just to get to work on time? If your late, your late. There is nothing you can do about it, but apologize to your boss and learn to manage your time better, but too often I see people rushing, cursing and scrambling to get to places that will still be there even if they are late. It seems as though there is little patience left in people. I used to be very impatient, but I soon started realizing that life is too short to worry about the person in front of you with 13 items in the express lane when they should only have 12. I would stress about the little things all the time, and it only made me feel angry and frustrated...stupid really. So I am learning to take things as they come, see the positive side of any situation, practice patience and let things go. When life gets busy, step back, take a deep breath and remember the things that make you smile and let those wonderful thoughts take over...then keep on movin'.

5 comments:

Gretta James said...

These are wise words. Go you.

Gretta x

MARFSBABY said...

Did Yoda tell you this?

Mel said...

"I wanna be where the talk of the town is about last night when the sun went down", more Jackisim. The idea that life could be so simple is my dream. No nonsense...just walking along, enjoying the world, talking about how beautiful the sunset was and not about how much money we do/don't have or how many dates we got.

No lies, I was listening to this song when I read your post.

Beth said...

I love that song!

KellyNerd said...

you can do it. its all about training your mind...