Friday, July 27, 2007

"I want to know what love is..."

I struggle to figure out what love really is. Is it simply compatibility? Or is there more to it than that? I know a person becomes dizzy with emotions when you first fall in love...but these feelings subside and the reality of living together "forever" sets in. I believe that if you are in love...it should be easy. You should be comfortable with each other in every way. Be able to tell each other your most embarrassing moment, be able to look straight into their eyes and tell them how much you love and need them without flinching. That to me is what love is. Yes there are other facets of love which include; trust, understanding and compromise...but without being completely at ease when in your lover's arms...then maybe there is something missing.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Well said!

MARFSBABY said...

Good call T! I totally agree.

Gretta James said...

hmmmm you see I dunno...

Being comfortable is a must for me it is. However, I think love is something that should be long lasting. I've had a number of flings and felt very comfortable in lovers arms. However, when I think about love, I think about forever.

I think it's just too hard to comprehend.

Gretta xx

KellyNerd said...

I concur! Wholeheartedly