Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sacrifice: a short term loss in return for a greater gain.
Why do I have to give up something that means so much to me to make another happy? Why do I have to lose something to gain something else? Why can't I have both? I guess that is what sacrifice is. I have learned that as much as we would love to have our cake and eat it too, we have to pass up the icing. We know that by giving up the most delicious part we will thank ourselves in the end...right? Or will we always feel like we missed out and forever look back on that moment and wonder how we could pass up something so wonderful?

11 comments:

Gretta James said...

Even though there is often times and places for sacrifice I will always opt for having my cake and eating it too if I can. hehe.

Gretta

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about this giving up something to get something better thing... especially in regards to someone. ;) So tough...

KellyNerd said...

I WANT IT ALL. And I think you SHOULD HAVE IT ALL TOO!

Can you tell me the secret of how you comment on other's blogs and your pic shows up ????

damn I'm stoopid!

Mel said...

I was always confused because some people say "have your cake and eat it too"...but then it makes a lot of sense to say "eat your cake, and HAVE it too...."

Either way....I so so agree

MARFSBABY said...

T, you are a fabulous writer! And I'm sitting at my desk crying over this one... come see for yourself if you don't believe me.

Tbone said...

I have no idea how pictures show up when you comment, I had no idea mine did...help fellow bloggers!!!

Tbone said...

Thanks Queenie, your positivity really pushes me to write more!

Kerstin said...

I'm with Kelly on this one. Why give up one thing just to have something else? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the American Dream? :P

Beth said...

Life is not fair. Unforunately, sometimes we do have to give up things in exchange for something else. I guess that's just how life works. If I found a way to have my cake and eat it too, believe me, I would be doing it!

melodyann said...

Hey, thank you for linking to me! What a nice surprise! Now I'm off to read you for a bit...

Sara Sue said...

Sacrifice can be a wonderful tool to the soul ... it also doesn't hurt to change your mind, should the sacrifice be too much! Hope you're having a good day!