Monday, June 18, 2007

It's up to you...

I have learned throughout the years to take responsiblity for my actions. For every action there is a reaction and for every choice we make we can expect good things or bad things. I have lived my life always worried about how other people felt and put their feelings before my own. Not any more. We all make poor decisions, we all make mistakes but when a person loses someone they care about as a result of their inability to take control of their life, it is nobody's fault but their own. I need to look out for myself. This does not mean I am not willing to lend a hand, provide guidance or love unconditionally, it means that I am not taking reponsiblity for another person's life choices. It is not up to me to make someone happy, it is up to them and them only.
No one is responsible for your happiness or unhappiness, only you are.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful and true words... had to read it twice to get the full meaning - it was that good.

Kerstin said...

Good for you. Be strong.

Sara Sue said...

I agree with Kerstin, good for you! Sure makes life a lot easier.

KellyNerd said...

Good post. Hit very close to home today.

Sara Sue said...

psst ... you've been tagged!