Monday, June 11, 2007

Over analyze this!

Why is it that people prefer to make a fuss over silly, unimportant things that only cause more problems than solutions? We go through life trying to make things more complicated by over-analyzing every single thing and when we finally make the decision, we go over the decision again in our heads to determine if we made the right one. There are just too many choices...maybe that's it. Why does there need to be 101 flavours of ice-cream? Stick with chocolate, vanilla and strawberry how hard is that? Going shopping can be head spinning as every clothing store has 25 styles of jeans. I have enough life decisions to make I don't have time to spend 2 hours in a dressing room. I wish things could be simple, easy and straight forward. We are surrounded by too much stuff. What happened to the good ol' days where everyone drove a ford or a chevy, drank just milk, not soy, half fat crap that is not providing you with the real good stuff that your body needs. It was a simple choice to make back then, one or the other, not one or the ten others...can't we go back to those days? I swear we would live longer, healthy, happier lives.

5 comments:

kristin said...

i remember when the 32 flavors at baskin robbins was a LOT.

i just want someone to make my decisions for me. always.

Beth said...

I hate making decisions. Usually, I just find one thing that works (like a particular jean) and I stick with it. The less choices I have, the better!

MARFSBABY said...

Too true T... I have serious committment issues and now that there are SO many choices to make my mind completely boggles when I have to make a decision on anything... from which ice cream to pick to which of the 25 pairs of jeans look like shit on me the least. Geesh.

Anonymous said...

I wish life was more simplified. Too many choices HAS made it a lot more complicated.

Bungz said...

I wonder too... Life is actually quite simple and we complicate it so much. Why do we do that?

I think the real choice is whether we want to keep it simple or are we going to allow the advertisers and marketers to complicate it for us...