Friday, June 8, 2007

Material World

Why is it that we girls think that buying $100 pair of jeans that make our ass look great will make us feel better about ourselves? When those DISH jeans make your butt look like J-Lo's it feels fantastic but that feeling lasts only a moment and then reality sets back in. Material things are just that...material things. Instead of dealing with our inner demons by seeking counseling, therapy or taking yoga, we hit the mall for some ‘therapeutic’ spending. My visa is worn and faded because as soon as I hit an emotional bump in the road I hit the tiled floors and bright corridors of the outlet mall to buy something 'pretty' to fill that giant void in my life. It doesn't stop at clothing either. I started drinking wine during the week hoping that warm fuzzy feeling will drown out the voice in my head screaming out..."decide already...what path are you going to take...the smoothly paved road or the pot holed path leading into the unknown?”

God! It's so much easier to buy a good bra instead!

8 comments:

Sara Sue said...

Hi! I'm the one who has been poking through your archive. I'm enjoying every post! Thank you for the link, I've linked to you too :)

Always nice to meet new friends AND to buy a new bra!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming date.

Beth said...

I'm notorious for theraputic shopping. In addition to the clothes, I tend to buy books as well in order to get lost in someone else's world for awhile. Last night, I spent my grocery money on a bottle of wine and a few good books!

kristin said...

i LOVE that! so true! and i so feel the same way.

Tbone said...

Ooohh yah books are a great buy too...a friend just unloaded ten good ones for me to read. Hello Sara...thanks for the positive feedback...I am going to check you out...and the date, well it was ok...but I met a new boy thru a friend, big date number 2 tomorrow, you will all hear about it Monday!!!

Princess Banter said...

So trueeeeee! I'm so obsessed with finding the best fitting jeans and I'm still nowhere near. I have a good mix of jeans in my closet -- prices ranging from $9.99 to $450. It's ridiculous!!!

megabrooke said...

damn retail therapy. but it's so fun. and wine's good too.

Sara Sue said...

OK ... it's Monday, how was the date??

Tbone said...

Oh yah date...it was good, he was nice...but no sparks. It turns out he knows a lot of people I went to high school with...wierd. The night before I met a different guy, much more my style, great sense of humour...cute to boot!