Thursday, April 19, 2007

Down for the count

Ok, so it has been almost two weeks and I am still really sick. I coughed so much the other night I literally pulled a muscle in my side. It hurts to cough, laugh or even move! So I said "this is it, I am going to the Dr.". So I get an appointment and my doc prescribed me Biaxin XL 500. Holy crap this drug is scary. I take my dosage that the pharmacist recommends and then next thing I know I am soooo drowsy that I barely made it to the bedroom to lie down. Then at midnight I wake up sweating like crazy, I am talking soaking wet and shivering, I run to the bathroom where I wretch. Sorry this is gross, but someone else needs to feel my pain for a minute. After lying on my bathroom floor for a good 5min, I decide to go back to bed. I felt like I was high. I could barely focus, stumbled to the bed and passed out again. I barely made it to work this morning...to be honest I probably shouldn't be here, but I have school tonight and would feel guilty if I went to school and not work. So anyways, I check out this Biaxin XL on the internet and there is a list of side effects that I seem to have all of. I am so scared to take more because of the traumatic experience last night, but apparently these are normal and I am to continue taking them to get rid of my horrible cough. I think I might be better off drinking myself into a stupor, at least I will enjoy it. So for those of you who are prescribed Biaxin XL this is your warning...as it will knock you on your ass!

2 comments:

KellyNerd said...

Aw, hope you feel better! As for the drugs, sadly, they sound good to me! =)

Ron said...

Be carefull of biaxin!! Slow release is bad, you're own immune system is fighting off the biaxan as well as what else is making you sick. My doctor told me once that a good medication attacks fast so immune system can't fight it off, biaxin works slow more side affects. If you're immune system is good you will most likely have to have a nother dose, and help to send youre doctor on a trip somewhere, new medicene is tracked by the pharmacy's and freebee's are givin out. Sometimes older medicene that has been around for a while actually works better and in many case's safer, less side affects. Back then the fda did a good job about protecting the general public.