Thursday, April 12, 2007

I 'heart' my dog

Ok I don't want to sound like a crazy dog person but my Charlie is just so damn cute. I rescued my boy from the SPCA http://www.spca.bc.ca/ over four years ago, and although it was a stressful few weeks when I first adopted him...it was worth it. He is always excited to see me, will always come to me when I call him, and he looks up to me with these big brown eyes that say "I will love you always and unconditionally!". He can be a bit much sometimes I admit, for instance I cannot go anywhere in my aparment without him, even the bathtub. He leans his head over the side while I bathe meanwhile my cat Marvin straddles the edge of the tub and stretches his neck out to drink the soapy bath water...why do cats drink out of everything but their water dish?! Anyways, the reason I wrote this is because this morning I was having a tough time draggin' my ass out of bed and all I needed to do was say "morning" to my sweetpea and his tail starts wagging, he grabs his ball, hops up onto the bed, tramples me, then offers sloppy wet kisses! I don't know any other living creature who is that excited to get up at 5:15am.

If you need a companion and you have time to spare, a little bit of cash and the love of the outdoors, visit your local SPCA and give a pet a loving home. Howz that for a plug?!

2 comments:

KellyNerd said...

I "heart" your dog too... too cute! I wish I could have a doggie at my place!

Cheek said...

The best pussy I ever got was from the SPCA....snicker. Seriously though she was the best cat I've ever had.