Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Small favours

I have a lot of spare time at work, and I made the mistake of telling a friend of mine that I could print some posters up for her. Well she decided to spread the word to fellow entrepenuers looking for a good deal on printing and pointed them in my direction. So I get this email from a guy who wants business cards and I think to myself, this can't be that difficult, besides my girlfriend told me this guy was hot...so I am thinking, I will dazzle him with my printing capabilities and maybe get a hot date out of it. So I say sure bring it on, send me the layout and I will quickly print up some media for you. Well...little did I know every printer in this building really doesn't like printing business card stock, so a 30 min job turned into a 3 hour job of picking out paper jams with tweasers and using up the IT guys time helping me...but luckily I flirted my way through it and he didn't seem to mind helping...so anyways, finally I get the job done, and it looks like shit, so now I feel like a tool because these people think I am working at a print shop and expect high quality stock, but instead they get flimsy card stock with perferated edges that take the colour off once you rip them...I broke down and sent an email explaining that I am no wizard at this and you can pick up your cards even thought they look like ass. God I hope he sends his business partner and does not pick them up in person 'cause I have a huge zit on my chin, my hair is flat and the cards are way below par and I feel dumb asking for $15 for the cost of the paper. I am out of the printing business for good.

3 comments:

MARFSBABY said...

Whoa! I knew you were pimping yourself out to someone for some kind of print job yesterday...

When I started reading your blog and saw you were doing business cards for someone I got SOOOOO excited...cus I need them too. Good thing I read all the way through your post before I came running over there to beg you to do them for me too... cus I kinda changed my mind by the time I got to the bottom.

Unknown said...

Jacobs!!!!!!!!

K-POW! said...

Awww Tress....
If you design the card, you can always just charge him for the part that YOU do, and then he can get the actual cards printed elsewhere. (that's what I did anyways...a friend of mine's mom designed my cards and then I got them printed at CET Productions out in Richmond and they did a great job...and I'm sure they didn't have to pull out the tweezers to fix paper jams - heh heh). Just a suggestion. If you enjoy DESIGNING posters and business cards, etc..., there's business in that!!!! Get on that, Girl!!!! I'm sure you're great at it... :-)
...Take care and hope to see ya again soon!!!! No new 'man updates' for ya...Living in my new place now and loving it...just have to finish moving all my sh&% there still! hahaha
TTYS,
-Kristy-