Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Single in the City

Sorry it's been so long for any one who is reading this, but I have been ill. I am talking puffy eyes, snot that never ends and a hacking cough that keeps me up all night, so basically I have not slept since Sunday, and I am feeling a bit gummy and worn. I thought I had my first public speaking class tonight and hit the library to check where my class is, turns out its tomorrow night. Doh!!!! So here I am at the computer lab typing away like mad so as to avoid going back to my pit of a house and watching one more horrible daytime makeover show...how many does there need to be for goodness sakes! Ok, so I am trying to learn to be on my own aka single, and I tell you it is damn hard. I have been in a relationship for pretty much half of my life and I am only 31 yikes! I am not a bar star, so going to meet boys under pulsating lights and disco music is not going to happen. Last weekend I actually did go to the bar for a birthday bash, and it was very fun, and I danced my ass off, but I forgot to take a look around for single boys. Instead I clung on to my friends who are all dating, married, to be married or gay...what am I doing wrong here? I did get some guy at the bar line up to buy me a drink, he was extremely tall with curly hair and cute, but I could give two poops that he may have been single because I was too focused on getting back on the dance floor to swing dance with a married friend of mine who spent half the night mooning people...I need to get out more. I enjoy hiking with my dog, but you only meet hippies with five dogs gripping a can of bear spray or boys who are already with a gal and their dog...and their baby...oh the perfect family, gag! So I have decided to take suggestions from those who have played the field. I know my friends have been there and done that and most of them are all happily hitched, but they had their trials and tribulations and one night stands...so give it to me...I am listening!

1 comment:

MARFSBABY said...

poor snotty girl... I've been wondering where you've been.

What'd'ya think of Brett Lambert? He's cute. He's single. He's going to be unemployed soon but hey, aren't we all?

I could hook you guys up...