Wednesday, May 30, 2007

First Time for Everything

You meet at a small coffee shop on a busy cross street downtown so that there is the possibility of people watching in the case that your blind date is boring, weird or has not dealt with his anger issues yet and you need a distraction. You arrive first. You know this because everywhere you turn there are couples, old people and their dogs and a gorgeous man dressed to kill and you know that only in your wildest dreams, this would be the guy. So you order a coffee that requires 5minutes to order because you ordered the tall, half decaf, one pump vanilla, extra hot, with whip and caramel so that you can kill time and make it look like you have not been waiting long. You find a table outside beside a guy who is emailing wildly on his laptop. You think to yourself he is either writing an amazing essay and he is at the climax of his story or he is describing naughty things he wants to do to his girl/boyfriend when he gets home. So you sit with your coffee, check yourself in the window to make sure that the toxic car exhaust has not completely frizzed your hair. After 10 minutes you now begin to get nervous. This guy stood me up...maybe he saw me and kept on walking...you think to yourself "am I that fugly?" Finally you see a guy enter the coffee house discreetly searching for a single gal. You smile in his direction, he catches your eye, and heads on over...ok this is it. What do you now...do you shake hands, hug, or just say hi!?

I have my first ever online date invitation. I will keep you posted on how it unfolds.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Good luck. My first online date was...erm....laughable :) he sucked so much that it made me feel amazing and helped me get into the game again. Hopefully yours is fun and hot and easy (not like sex easy heh).

Tbone said...

Thanks for the good luck wish. He is a helicopter mechanic, and cute...from Amsterdam...so we will see. As for all the other guys sending me emails...well let's just say...interesting...I blocked the majority.

MARFSBABY said...

Sweet! I love it! And can't wait to hear about it. Do you want a chaperone, I could come with...

Beth said...

Congratulations and good luck!

I would probably go with a handshake. Hugs seem way too personal to me for someone you haven't met yet. Save it for the end of the date!

megabrooke said...

good luck! cant wait to hear the details!