Thursday, May 31, 2007

Impact...

As the song comes on the radio, you disappear into your secret place, that memory that makes your chest ache or flutter with excitement or sends that hot rush of blood through your body. That song that comes on the radio that catches you off guard and you fight back the tears, your hands shake and you forget for a moment that you are driving. How is it that a song can mean so much? Perhaps it's the words that are said that hit you in all the right or wrong places. It's almost like the lyrics were written about your life. Or perhaps that certain song played while you were experiencing your first kiss, first dance, first hahemmm or that first moment when you looked into his eyes and you thought...this could be him. We all have those special songs and they may have changed your life for worse or for better, but it somehow made an impact.

Songs that make my knees weak or heart pound.
More than Sorry - Ben Harper, Sideways - Citizen Cope

6 comments:

Mel said...

I adore Ben Harper. That song hits me in all the right ways. My favorite songs are the ones where he just plays, with no lyrics, it's beautiful and makes me want to cry. :) Good cry

MARFSBABY said...

Music has very strong connections and triggers emotions and memories for lots of people. Even bad ones. I have a horrible time in my life that I'd just love to permanently erase but several songs (now playing on 103.5 qmfm) just won't allow it and must be turned off immediately. Wierd huh?

megabrooke said...

amazing how much of an impact music can have. not always at appropriate times either, in my case! like hearing "goodbye my lover" by james blunt (who i dont even like), on my way to work? no good. not at all.
love love love ben harper. ive seen him twice and he's just amazing.

Princess Banter said...

So true -- music can have the power to move us like that sometimes. I feel it all the time -- and it triggers certain moods and memories too. I just hate it when it happens at the wrong time :)

Anonymous said...

Music is amazing... I love songs that bring me back to the good stuff... but change the songs (quick!) when they take me to a place I would rather not remember.

I love Ben Harper too... saw him live in LA awhile back and could almost touch him. LOVE.

Beth said...

There are so many songs that can do that to me. Sometimes I think the songs on the radio are speaking directly to me!