Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Good day sunshine...dahdahdahdahdah!

As I walk my dog each morning through the forested trails the crisp air cools my nose and the cold air hits my lungs as if I just ate a mint. At 5:30am the only thing I hear are birds singing their morning song. The dew on the succulent deciduous bushes are glistening as Charlie hurdles through them chasing an unfortunate squirrel that got caught in his sights. The sky is clear and the wetness on the leaves begin to evaporate. It is going to be a hot one today, I can feel it.

What is it about the sunshine that gives you such wonderful energy? The rays put a smile on your face when you step into the natural light, the warmth of the sun kissing your cheeks and the soft, subtle breeze licking through your hair. The positive vibration rushes through your body as the rays of light follow you...duck behind a building and grab you again as you pass by an opening. I wish that I could feel this energy the sun brings to me always.

4 comments:

Princess Banter said...

The sunshine is a miracle we tend to take for granted a lot. Especially someone like me who lives in a tropical country. I get grumpy when the sun's gone... but when it's there, I complain that it's too hot. But I would take the sun over any other climate any day!!!

megabrooke said...

i wish i was out in the sun right now!

Carrie said...

Isn't it incredible how the sun can make or break a day? Especially in the winter - I find any ray of sunshine in the winter will perk me up far better than anything else!

Bungz said...

Indeed, there is something about sunshine... It is very hot here, where i live. Despite that, i find myself most active during the summer... I wonder...