Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thrill of the Ride

Twenty years have past and only now do I realize what I have been missing. Growing up, I loved riding my bike! To school, to the playground, to my friends' house. I remember pedaling like mad looking up at the street lights as they start to flicker and buzz. You see I had to be home before the street lights came on (my parent’s idea of a curfew is if it's dark out, it's late). I miss the warm breeze on my face, my hair blowing in the wind, coasting down a hill at full tilt..."look no hands!" I don't remember what happened to my trusty ten speed. Its funny what memories stick with you and what memories simply fade away.

Lately I have been driving past this bike shop in my hood and would gaze wide eyed at the pretty pink bikes with white handle bars and then flash back to my days of cruisn' on my Strawberry Shortcake bike with a banana seat designed for ultimate comfort and of course doubling your buddy. Finally on Tuesday I decided that I wanted to feel the wind in my hair again and the thrill of the ‘ride’. So I did it. I bought a bike...and not just any bike. It is a Rally Sport Cruiser. It’s white with red racing stripes, red spokes and it even has a basket with a little ladybug bell. I picked it up yesterday and took it for a spin. It was super-fantastic! I cannot wait until the sun is shining so I can cruise the beautiful parks that surround me, hit the kick stand and find a patch of grass to enjoy a lovely picnic! Photos to come!

5 comments:

MARFSBABY said...

Enjoy the new ride girl !

Anonymous said...

Sweet - I so remember my pink Strawberry Shortcake bannana seat bike like it was yesterday. Loved that thing. Looking forward to your pics of the new one...

KellyNerd said...

I.Want.It!

Tbone said...

I think every girl should have a pink bike just once in her life, at age 7 or 67...it is just glorious!

Carrie said...

Pink bikes are SO fantastic - it's the only truly beautiful form of exercise!!!