Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The (Rock) Gods Must Be Crazy!

As I stroll in the mist of the Coquitlam River trails I feel something is watching over me. I turn down a path towards the river where brightly coloured moss and ferns hug its edge reaching for droplets of water. The raging river rushes past the shore, brown and murky from hard rains, its powerful rumblings surround me. I walk toward an opening in the trees. And there I see them. Tall, short, fat, thin, round, jagged. They watch my every move. They guard the forest with such stillness...their shiny outter shells glistening. They stand proud and protect their home with such calm and confidence. I feel like I am in a mystical fairytale and I have stumbled upon a world of rock people. I feel at peace as the sounds of the forest consumes me...it is magical. Thank you mystery rock people, you made me feel like a kid again and I loved every minute of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post and beautiful shots.

KellyNerd said...

Hm. I am from Coquitlam. It is beautiful. Great writing!

Mel said...

WOW those are some beautiful rocks! I love nature....I really really do.

Anonymous said...

Good words.