Thursday, May 17, 2007

Online Dating - Experience number one

Ok, so I logged into my online dating website and much to my surprise there were several smiles sent to me. There was one guy that I thought...hmmm he is cute and he sounds interesting...so I smile back. Well...he sends an email with a link to his myspace site. Ooops bad move! I know that every person is going to put their best picture on their page because; hey we all want to look good! But when a person posts a picture of themselves and then sends you a link to see more photos...they should really take a look the picture they used to pick up chicks...he looks nothing like the real deal. I know that doesn't make sense...but it's true. Hey...I am not being stuck up here, but I am attracted to certain men, and well when I get a picture of a good looking man, and then see the real him...and he is a 110lb homely looking man who wears socks with sandals...I start to feel a bit discouraged. Cute Jewess what is your secret?! I guess I should have been more careful with blurry backyard photos and toques covering his bald head. My bad. However there is a cute boy, very tall, that also sent an email...we cleared the air that he is not the type of cyclist that wears fluorescent green spandex with butt pads, so I am feeling a bit better...let's see where this one takes us.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Socks and sandals? Smart girl to pass on that one!

Good luck with your tall cutie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! WHY do they even bother with the photos that aren't REALLY what they look like? Hope the tall one works out! ;)

brandy said...

It's 2007. The era of socks and sandals passed a loooong time ago. Why do people continue to fight this??? Good luck in your search, I enjoy reading what happens next!

Trixie said...

really... people should get a 2nd opinion from someone before posting their online pictures on the dating websites. ;)

oooh the cute, VERY tall boy sounds promising.... hopefully your search finds more of them or at least those whose pictures posted are not from the 70s/80s.

good luck!

Tbone said...

OK Ladies...progress is slow but steady with tall boy...I never check emails at home, so I did today, and he sent another...he is funny and likes the same music as me...hmmm sparks...possibly.

Deadmanshonda said...

hilarious! good luck!!

Carrie said...

Mmhm - it's like that facebook group "I thought you were good looking...until I clicked on 'see more photos' "... OH online dating... best of luck to you!!